Wednesday 12 March 2008

Nigerian scam with a difference

If you get an email like this, it is a scam. Do not respond.

At least this one has proper grammar and reasonable punctuation.

These people prey on their victim's goodwill and greed, so I'm hoping that no-one is taken in by it.

Think about it. Why would someone you've never even heard of pick your email address out of the millions out there to be their agent?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mark Ford
Date: 12 Mar 2008 01:21
Subject: Find it in your heart to assist
To:

Dear Friend,

This letter may come as a surprise because we have not met nor had any previous correspondences before but was borne out of my sincere burning desire to establish a business / mutual relationship with you.

I got your contact during my search for a trustworthy person that can assist me to claim and invest my late fathers funds into a profitable business and l hope I will not regret ever approaching you because this present world is filled of dishonesty and mistrust.

My name is David mark Ford, the only son of Mr Terry Simpson Ford who was murdered by the agents of President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe due to his opposition to the oppressive and exploitative Land reforms Act. Though, I do not know what extent you are familiar with events and fragile political situation in Zimbabwe but I know it has formed consistent head lines in the CNN, BBC news bulletins.

The pressure from the government forced me and my family out of Zimbabwe into exile in Hong Kong and then to London, United Kingdom where we have been living under political asylum for a few months now. Sadly, my mother died of cancer two months ago and was buried here in London. Prior to her death, she handed me over a certified document for cash Deposit which my late father made with a Deposit house in Ghana. The deposit, which is worth $2,000.000.00 (Two Million United States Dollars) was deposited in the Deposit house as personal effect before the out break of crises in my country.

He made the deposit in his name with the hope of relocating his family to Ghana but was murdered when the conflict intensified as a result of his opposition to the oppressive and despotic government of Robert Mugabe. I contacted the Deposit house to confirm the deposit.

With respect to the certified document handed over to me by my mother before her death and the continued hostility in my country Zimbabwe, I have decided to remain here for now and solicit for the assistance of an honest and trustworthy person who will assist me in claiming the funds and also help me to invest the funds into a very profitable business in his or her country.

I am ready to offer you 30% of the total sum for your assistance.

Please, provide your full Names, address and phone number in your reply.

Expecting your reply.

Yours truly,

David Mark Ford.

No comments: